viernes, 27 de marzo de 2015

Top 10 Famous Characters on a Bus



I'm that kind of person who can even talk to plants, I become friend with anybody in 5 minutes and once I start I can't stop. Nevertheless, contrary to what it may seem, I have these 2 hatreds in my life: to talk on the phone and to talk in means of transportation.

Specially the last one. No matter if I'm travelling alone or with friends, by car, by plane or by bus; it is something I can't stand. What I like to do is to put my headphones on or to read my book and done, forget about the journey, which is the most annoying part for me. But I have to say, without a doubt, that the mean of transportation that I hate more than any other is the bus, where everything is blown out of proportion like in Big Brother, and where you have always one of my most hated character as a seatmate:

1.- He who sleeps on you. It's a total stranger who is literally sleeping on you and drooling all over. How are you not gonna hate this guy?

2.- He who doesn't stop talking to you. If I said before that I don't like to talk when I'm on a bus, and even less with people that I don't know at all, it's really easy to hate this person. There is a point when you don't know how to show, with courtesy and good taste, that you just “don't give a ship”.

3.- He who snores. I hate him and everybody on the bus does.

4.- He who is always standing up. To go the toilet, to take off the jacket, to put it on, to take something from the bag, to put it away, to go to the toilet again... Each 5 minutes. Seriously? It has been only 20 minutes since we started the journey and there are still 4 hours left, it's gonna be really easy to hate you if you keep doing that.

5.- He who hates you for taking the seat beside him. That awkward moment when you walk though the bus hoping to find a free dual seat, but there is none. You end up asking to somebody if he pleases to move his bag because you are going to take that seat, you have no choice. The person moves it, but with an unfriendly face. In this situation the hatred is mutual.

6.- He who looks over your shoulder if you are reading or with the laptop. Like the guy in the subway reading the newspaper over your shoulder, what a nightmare. I must admit that if anybody is watching a movie in a laptop and it's in my viewing angle, I'm the kind of person who can't help watching it. If I were you, I will hate me.

7.- He who eats oranges or chorizo's sandwiches or in general something that impregnates the whole bus with its smell. Once again, we all hate this guy.

8.- The two annoyings behind you who never stop talking. Not even your mp3 can keep them quiet.

9.- He who doesn't stop kicking your seat. He apologizes, of course, but 10 minutes later he kicks your ducking seat again. It is what it is.

10.- He who leans back in his seat, as he pleases, crushing you without any regard. Mmm, hello?, Do you know there is life behind you?

It happened to me certainly the most bizarre things while travelling in general, but my stories on buses are worthy of a hidden camera. One day I have to do a top 5.

Although, no matter what happens, I can't help wondering: If the bus is practically empty, why is there always someone who has to sit by my side?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario